Popular Posts

Monday, April 28, 2014

Fun things to do in NYC this spring/summer

I am sure you have read such posts several times. What to do in NYC in spring and summer with list and links to concerts and blah blah...

But here is what I have been doing and really enjoyed doing in NYC when its warm and sunny-

1) West Village: 

This place is gorgeous to walk around. There are a lot of restaurants on the Greenwich St that have outdoor seating. I went here with a friend, so we sat outside with a glass of mimosa followed by a glass of wine and salad.

Then we walked on the Perry St. by the brownstone houses and grabbed a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery. Delish!

2) Central Park:

There is not much you can do here. I went to central park with a friend and we talked and walked. So put on your running shoes and walk around this amazing park. Even though I have been here several times, I always end up discovering new routes here. As you know, this place is huge! You never know what you discover here (a new side of the lake, manhattan skyline, statues, parks etc)




3) Museums:

Couple of weekends ago, I went to American Museum of Natural History. This place is huge! You can easily spend your entire afternoon here. I went here with a friend but you know...it would have probably been best if I went here alone.






4) SoHo:

I went here shopping. Not in the main fashion street, but if you enter small streets from the main street, there are a lot of small boutiques with great vintage collection. I grabbed a box of cupcakes from Baked by Melissa and walked through these cute little boutiques. Got some great statement necklaces which are my absolute favorite right now.


5) Grand Central bars: 

As soon as you get out of grand central, there are small bars on Madison Ave. I went here with a college friend I hadn't met in very long. Corona and chicken burger on a late afternoon was a perfect way to spend my evening.




So here are some ways to spend your afternoons or weekends in NYC. These are some more realistic and experienced tips for NYC.

Hope you enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment